Why is it considered healthy to have fish? This is one question that is there in the minds of most of us who have got the advice of, eating fish at some stage of our lives regularly for a good health. So why fish? Fish if considered to be a super food, which is good for both the mind and the body. It is rich; actually super rich in vitamins, omega-3 fatty acid, proteins and minerals, so it is one of the most nutritious foods that should be included in a healthy diet.
Fish is rich in omega-3
Omega- 3 is something that is not naturally produced and it is essential for a healthy body. Fish is known to be the best source of omega- 3 which is why it is considered important to include fish in your healthy diet. It helps in lowering the level of depression; it lowers inflammation, has a positive effect during ageing and can also improve mental skills in children.
Health benefits of eating fish
Fish is known to be rich in minerals, protein and other nutrients; it is important to incorporate it in the healthy diet because of the following positive effects and benefits it has on the body:
- Lowered risk of heart disease- According to a study those who eat fish are at a lower risk of having a heart disease than those who do not eat fish at all. So fish consumption is considered to be important to lower the risk of heart diseases, as it has hearty omega-3 fatty acids which help in protecting the heart.
- Lowered symptoms of depression- Fish are not only good for the heart health but also for the mental health as fish oil helps in reducing the symptoms of depression. If taken along with an anti-depressant medicine then it is even more effective.
- Eye health- The omega- 3 fatty acids found in fish are known to be beneficial for eye health and for improving the vision.
- Enhance the libido- It helps in boosting the sperm count and also in increasing the testosterone levels. Which means consuming fish helps in improving and enhancing the sexual performance.
- Immunity boost- Fish has essential vitamins and mineral which help in strengthening and boosting the immune system.
- Decreased rate of heart failure- It is a super hearty food, which means that there is a lowered risk of heart failure.
- Reduces the risk of cancer- Consumption of fish is known for lowering the risk of cancer, mainly digestive cancer; as compared to those who eat less or no fish.
- Blood pressure- Those who have BP or blood pressure should incorporate fish in their diet as it is known for lowering the blood pressure mainly because it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
Fish is a great superfood which is not only good for keeping the body healthy but also because adding it the diet can improve the overall health.